Our Family

Our Family

Our life together

We were married on March 17, 2001. We have one daughter, Alexis who is 8 1/2 years old, one son, Levi who is 2 1/2, and another baby girl who will join our family in February 2012. We moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming 5 years ago and it has been the best decision we have made for our life. We have become closer as a family since we have moved here.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Alexis' 9th birthday

I can't believe it but my first born actually turned 9 this year. Wow! Where did the time go? Alexis has been pretty specific in the past about what she wants for her birthday party. This year, she told me she wanted a surprise party. I was amazed. This leaves so much open that she will have no say in! Needless to say I enrolled my wonderful mother-in-law to help plan the party, and there is no way I would have pulled it off without her.

We planned a snowman party, perfect for a cold January day in Cheyenne. We held it at the church so Alexis would have no idea. I went to the church early for official "church business" to get everything set up and decorated. We had a great group of friends and family that came, and amazingly they were all in the building before Alexis got in so we could all surprise her. Isaac brought her to the church to come find mommy. It was the defining moment, how would she react? This could go really good or really bad. Luckily, Colter was the first person she saw, and needless to say, she was very pleasantly surprised! The look on her face was priceless. She ran up to me and gave me a big hug and said "this is the best!". It was worth all of the hard work for that moment alone.

We played games, and ate food and had lots of yummy desserts, thanks to Grandma Patti. It was such a wonderful birthday surprise.







Snow play

Since moving to Wyoming, there are some adjustments we've had to make. Since half of the year is winter time here, and very cold, we have to find other ways to occupy our time. Here is Alexis and her cousins getting pulled on their sleds by the riding lawnmower. I know it seems a little hillbilly, but it fits in here in Wyoming. And boy did they have a blast!
It's great to have such wonderful family here. It has truly been a blessing to have the opportunity to live close to Isaac's family. They are all such wonderful and loving people. I appreciate all the times we have spent together.
I do still miss my family back in Phoenix. They are all such important people in my life. The Benzel women are such strong women and are each an inspiration to me. I love you all.