Our Family

Our Family

Our life together

We were married on March 17, 2001. We have one daughter, Alexis who is 8 1/2 years old, one son, Levi who is 2 1/2, and another baby girl who will join our family in February 2012. We moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming 5 years ago and it has been the best decision we have made for our life. We have become closer as a family since we have moved here.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our 10 year anniversary

It's amazing to think that 10 years ago, I married the man of my dreams. It has been such a wonderful 10 years. We have been through so many things, good and bad, but I know that Isaac and I were meant to be together. He is the love of my life and I am so excited to see what the next 10 years of our lives together will bring.

We wanted to do something really exciting to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Isaac planned our trip and we went to Breckenridge, Colorado. We stayed at a beautiful resort. The resort was at the base of the mountain, so there were beautiful snow covered mountain views right outside our windows.

We wanted to be adventurous and do some exciting things. We started out with a horse drawn sleigh ride up the mountain. It was at sunset, so we got some beautiful views as the sun was setting. We also got some great views of the entire city as it was starting to get dark, and the city lights were turning on.

We were excited to eat at Bubba Gumps for some delicious seafood. You can see from the picture that we definitely got our fill, and it was sooooo good.

We spent our second day on the slopes. Isaac went snowboarding and I went skiing (in an attempt to not spend the day on my butt) and it was alot of fun. We went down the "bunny slope" but I have to say it was one of the biggest "bunny slopes" I've ever seen. It took me awhile to make it down, but I can proudly say that I stayed on my feet the entire way down.

We spent the evening walking around the town and all the cute shops. It was such a fun town and just a great atmosphere to spend our time together in.

On our 3rd day, it was time to go home. But we wanted to have one more experience so we planned a snowmobile trip for the morning. I've never been on a snowmobile before, but it was such a rush. We went up high in the mountains, the highest point was over 12,000 feet. The views from up there were incredible. It was so high and so windy, but so beautiful. It was such a great way to end such a wonderful vacation.

We had a great time and it was so wonderful to spend some time together to think about all we've been through in our lives and all we have to look forward to.













No comments:

Snow play

Since moving to Wyoming, there are some adjustments we've had to make. Since half of the year is winter time here, and very cold, we have to find other ways to occupy our time. Here is Alexis and her cousins getting pulled on their sleds by the riding lawnmower. I know it seems a little hillbilly, but it fits in here in Wyoming. And boy did they have a blast!
It's great to have such wonderful family here. It has truly been a blessing to have the opportunity to live close to Isaac's family. They are all such wonderful and loving people. I appreciate all the times we have spent together.
I do still miss my family back in Phoenix. They are all such important people in my life. The Benzel women are such strong women and are each an inspiration to me. I love you all.